Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Love Letter

[Photo HERE.] How much do I love it when Zach Galifianakis hosts Saturday Night Live? How much?

Answer: So much.

Honestly I haven't even seen last weekend's episode beyond the opening monologue, but I already know the monologue is my favorite part. His stand-up is so bizarrely funny, and borderline off-putting, I don't even fully understand why I love it. But I do.

I'm sure there are many people out there who do not like his stand-up, which makes sense because it's very weird. But I think that makes him more impressive, because he doesn't write crowd-pleasers.  He is a strange comedy genius.

Here are links to two of his three SNL monologues so far. You can also Netflix his stand-up special "Live at the Purple Onion." Just know in advance you may hate it.


2013 (not the best quality, but the only one I could find)

2012

1 comment:

  1. Few comics can have a borderline antagonistic relationship with the audience and still make them laugh. That's talent.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.