Monday, April 8, 2013

My Taxonomy of Comedy

Happy Monday! My blog is now one month old. It's already starting to recognize my voice.

Also, I woke up to a flooded basement this morning so I am NOT in the mood to do computer stand-up for you. I am mad at you right now because your basement is not flooded.

Instead, here is my Taxonomy of Comedy.

Taxonomies are a nerdy teacher thing; you make them as a way to brainstorm ideas. Here I've made a taxonomy of funny stuff I like.  It's an odd list because I was limited to one entry per letter. So, I don't follow Queen Latifah's comedy career too closely, but she has been funny on SNL and her name starts with a Q.  X was also a bit of a reach.  Check it out, then go off and make a taxonomy of your own. You can pick any subject. Once my husband and I made a taxonomy of baby names. It was really cool and not lame.

Arrested Development
Book of Mormon (Musical, not religious text)
Christopher Guest
Dear Sister Digital Short (SNL)
Ellen Degenerous
Flight of the Conchords
Gilmore Girls
Happy Endings
Important Things With Demetri Martin
Jim Gaffigan
Kaitlin Character/Sketch (SNL)
Landlord, The (Funny or Die)
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Nate Nickerson (minor character from The Office)
O'Brien, Conan
Parker Posey
Queen Latifah
Ricky Gervais as David Brent
Sarah Silverman
Teachers Webseries
Uncle Buck
Vampire Musical: Jason Segal, Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Wet Hot American Summer
Yankovic, Weird Al 
Zach Galifianakis in The Hangover


Looking over the final result, it definitely represents my interests, and my interests are very Caucasion. Perhaps it's time I branched out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.