Friday, March 8, 2013

The beginning of the beginning

Here we are. I am writing a blog; you are reading it. Why? I don't know. I think it is because we are both bored.

Then again, maybe "bored" is not the right word. In fact, there are many other things I should be doing right now. One of which would be "my job." So maybe we're not bored, maybe we're just avoiding things. What are you avoiding? Laundry? An expense report? Your children? Don't worry. I get it. You're safe here.

Here's the deal: I used to write and perform stand-up. I liked it. Now I have a two kids and a job and I find it difficult to stay up past 10 pm, much less go to a comedy club and hope to get on stage. So instead I am going to write what I would normally write for stand-up on this blog. To really enjoy it, you should picture me like this:




That is basically what I am going for.

I also plan to write about stand-up and other comedy-related topics. Just because.

Here we go.

4 comments:

  1. thank you for this safe space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally be envisioning you with your Jeanie Darcy prop brick wall ("Don't get me started. Don't even get me STARTED."). So glad you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Molly! we could all use soem humor in our lives!

    ReplyDelete

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.