Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentiny Day


An Ode to My Husband

You are the one who takes out the trash
and empties the diaper genie.
You are the one who brushes our kids’ teeth
because I find their use of blue toothpaste
So disgusting.

You are the one who doesn’t make a big deal
when I yell at the computer,
or forget where I put my phone
three times in an hour
                                                Every day.

You are the one who calls my phone every time I lose it
and pretend to believe me
when I say it was stolen at a restaurant
when it is really in my jacket pocket
                                                            Again.

Oh my husband,
being married to me is no picnic I’m sure.
But let us not forget our sacred vows,
and that you are also a pain in the rear
                                                            Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.