Monday, April 20, 2015

Little White Non-truths

Today at the store I bought some yogurt-covered pretzels, and I thought to myself: this is not yogurt on these pretzels. It's frosting. These are frosting-covered pretzels, and I know it. But I will continue to eat them as a healthy snack. Because I am a liar. The end.

Anyway, as long as I am on the topic of Lies We Tell Ourselves, I thought I'd make a quick list for your reference. Feel free to add to it in the comments, if you so desire.

Lies We Tell Ourselves:

1. Yogurt-covered pretzels are covered in yogurt

2. Graham crackers are crackers (not cookies)

3. If my friend were here, she would laugh at the way I am making fun of her right now

4. My friends never talk about me behind my back

5. I was funny in junior high (not annoying)

6. I was always nice to everyone in high school

7. My children are less annoying than other children

8. People like to hear about my dreams

9. My friends on Facebook care about how bad this traffic is

10. I will get up early tomorrow and [fill in the blank with anything]

11. I will not regret staying up to watch this episode of Full House tomorrow morning

12. Everyone watches reruns of Full House in their spare time, not just me





No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.