Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What's Hot With the Kids These Days.

As a teacher and a mother, I am constantly surrounded by today's young people. It sounds awful, I know -- and it is awful -- but it does keep my finger on the pulse of what's hip these days. For example, were you wondering what's hip with 2-4 year old boys these days? Well I'll tell you: it's Paw Patrol. Paw Patrol is so hot right now it's on fire.


The boy pictured above is named Ryder, and he has adopted these six talented dogs to help him work off his community service hours (I assume). They all have specific talents, except Ryder, and together they complete various community service projects around their hometown of Adventure Bay. 

If you are a small child and not living under a rock -- this show is your everything.


Now, if you are 12-14 years old, Paw Patrol is, like, so stupid. You would much prefer to spend your time watching YouTube videos. 

My students often request I play YouTube videos in class, and sometimes -- after I vet their selection to make sure it doesn't have anything that will get me in trouble -- I will indulge these requests as a "special treat." (We are not allowed to give out candy anymore.)

Anyway, today I played this weird cat video under just such circumstances, and it killed. Every kid, even the too-cool-for-school kids, loved it. So apparently that is what is hip to tweenagers these days.

You're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.