Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"Ack!" - Cathy

Omg, you guys. Omg. I've made my first blog blunder.

Below is the entry I wrote Sunday and thought I posted. I've now come to find that it never published, which explains why no one read it. Those tears were for nothing.

At this point it's a little out of context, but it has some valuable information so I'm posting it. It's like we're traveling back in time, and where we're going, we don't need roads.



SUNDAY, AUGUST 18, 2013:

Last night I got home from a 10-day vacation and I walked through five cobwebs in my house. Really, spiders? You guys don't waste a minute. I will kill you all.

I'd love to tell you that my vacation left me rested and relaxed and full of ideas for this blog, but in reality I am exhausted and shell-shocked after living in a house with six children under five for a solid week.

I might owe this woman an apology.



Even now, sitting alone in my dining room, I'm half expecting to hear a child screaming over a missing toy, or to feel a baby throw up on my feet. But then I remember: vacation is over.

I have received a few submissions for --> "The Stranger Who Shamed Me" post, <-- but I'd like to get a couple more. So, if you are on the fence, let me set a deadline: THURSDAY AUGUST 22ND by MIDNIGHT CENTRAL STANDARD TIME. Email me your story at thelazystandup@gmail.com by then, and we're in business.

Until then, I do have one comedy review for you. I was able to find some free time while I was away to watch the Comedy Central version of "Drunk History." I'd watched it online previously, but had yet to catch the new show. 

In the long history of comedy, it's been well-established that drunk people are funny. I'm guessing the first comedy performance ever was just a cave man who drank too much and fell over on a dinosaur.

I mean probably.

Being drunk is comedy gold, but the problem is that not many people are convincing at playing drunk. So with "Drunk History," Derek Waters solves the problem by using narrators who are actually very drunk.

Maybe I should be concerned for this people (I've heard they keep a paramedic on set just in case), but I like the show. I especially liked the one about John Wilkes Booth and his brother Edwin Booth, partly because I love Adam Scott and partly because I learned something new (clip here).

So if you haven't already, check it out.

2 comments:

  1. This reminded me of a recent post in The Onion:

    http://www.theonion.com/articles/mom-spends-beach-vacation-assuming-all-household-d,33431/

    ReplyDelete

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.