Sunday, November 17, 2013

Still here . . .

Ugh. You guys are so mad at me right now. I wake up, and I can feel your angry disappointment nagging at me for a lack of posts. I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry.

Last week was full of great stuff: random barfing, late work nights, a three-day weekend excursion with friends -- it was pretty sweet actually, minus the barfing. However, it did not leave much time for narcissistic rambling.

Another development from last week is that a student teacher began working in my classroom. For those of you who don't know, a student teacher is a college student who wants to become a teacher, and this one will allegedly learn to do this by watching me make an idiot out of myself every day for a couple months.

If this woman wants to be a weirdo teacher who kids do impressions of in the hall, I'm guessing she has already learned a lot.

Like, a lot.

I don't know if there is an equivalent for those of you in more typical office jobs, but imagine someone just sitting next to you watching everything you did on your computer and listening to your phone calls all day long.
Image from Businessweek.com HERE.

Would that make you uncomfortable? Might you second-guess some decisions? I bet you wouldn't be reading "The Lazy Stand-up" all day long, like you usually do.

Anyway, my point is that it's hard to quietly open a text document and draft a blog entry during my students' silent-reading period these days. I have to look professional all the time. During my prep, I have to walk down to the cafeteria and get a spoon to eat my yogurt instead of secretly using the lid like a shovel. It's ridiculous.

But we will get through this, guys. The blog will go on, just like Celine Dion's heart. And just to keep us on track, here's a preview of what's to come:

THIS WEEK:

1) Funny games for funny people

2) My son is Tiny Tim except without the health concerns

3) Thanksgiving Prep





No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments because they prove that someone is actually reading this.